Internet has become an integral part of our life. We take help of internet for completing many tasks easily. We spend many hours while surfing internet. Everything is available on internet. Now in age of advancement of technologies, you need not to go anywhere you can pay your bills online, recharge your mobile phone, order or purchase anything, can take help of internet in your study as well and many variety of facility you can use.
But today Masalaread.com is going to tell you the top 15 interesting facts about the internet which you may not have be heard before.
Top 20 Amazing and Interesting Facts about Internet :
- It took internet 4 years to reach an audience of 50 million while TV took 13 years and radio 38 years to reach same amount of audience.
Also Read – How to earn money online without investment
- First ever website was published on 6th August 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners Lee. And it is still online here – http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html. There were only 153 words on that website.
- Around 250 billions emails are sent every single day and 81 percent of them are considered Spam.
- Symbolics.com is the first registered domain. It was registered March 15, 1985, to Symbolics Inc., a computer systems company in Cambridge, Mass.
- The first emoticon is commonly credited to Kevin Mackenzie in 1979, but was a rather simple -) and didn’t really look like a face.
- People who use social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter will use 10% of their entire life time on these sites.
- The first tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by Jack Dorsey:
- Around 5000 Lakh of tweets are made every day.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s original Facebook profile number ID is 4.
Do you know about first ever video uploaded on YouTube ?
- The first YouTube video was uploaded April 23, 2005. It’s called “Me at the zoo,” and features Jawed Karim, one of the founders, at the San Diego Zoo.
you can see the first youtube video here –
- A single Google query uses 1,000 computers in 0.2 seconds to retrieve an answer.
- US programmer Ray Tomilinson sent the first ever email in 1971. The “@” Symbol was sued to signify that message was sent to a person instead of machine.
- Do you know around 72 hours of videos are uploaded to youtube every 60 seconds and youtube’s copyright checking system scans over 100 years of video every day.
- PSY’s 2012 hit “Gangnam Style’ is the most watched youtube video with more than 2 billion views.
- 80% of all images on the Internet are of naked women according to an estimate.
if you liked our article on interesting facts about internet , share it.. 🙂