There are several tombs, temples, parks and historic tourist places in india, which are included in the World Heritage sites. These are the places where tourists comes from far away and are developing as prime tourist hotspots.
Five Must Visit Tourist Places in India :
Here in this article you will get to read about some of these world heritage tourist places in india where a number of tourists, students, reasearchers and scholars used to visit.
Taj Mahal (ताजमहल)
First name comes in our mind is Taj Mahal, which is among the historical and rarest heritage of india. People from around the world used to see its beauty because of its unique features.
Mughal emperor Shah Jahan built the Taj Mahal in memory of his begum Mumtaz. Taj mahal is built using white marble and also included in seven wonders of the world. Agra is famous over the world for Taj mahal.
Sailent features of Taj Mahal :
- Height of Taj Mahal : 171 meters nearly 561 feet.
- Around 22000 workers, painters, Nkkashikar and artisans were involved in building this wonderful building.
- It is said that Mughal emeror Shah Jahan wanted to build one more Taj Mahal of black marble in front of the Taj Mahal but he did not because of some dispute between his sons.
- Taj Mahal can be seen in three colors in same day. In morning , you can see the Taj in Light pink color, white in evening and golden in moon light at night.
- It is supposed that changing colors were concerned with changing mood of queens of Shah Jahan.
- It took around 17 years to build the whole Taj Mahal.
- Shah Jahan was in deep sorrow after death of Mumtaj begum. His beard and hair were white in few month.
- Taj Mahal is bult in such a way that it looks like Glass from all around.
- Taj Mahal, is surrounded by beautiful gardens and mosques.
- Around 1,000 elephants also used to build the Taj Mahal.
- In 1983, the Taj Mahal was declared as World Heritage site.
Kaziranga National Park (काजीरंगा नेशनल पार्क)
It was made on request by wife of the British Viceroy Lord Curzon in 1905. Kaziranga National Park in Assam is a very big Wildlife Sanctuary. It is especially known for hippopotamus. Besides it is also famous for the tiger, elephant, sambar, deer, buffalo, bears and including many types of birds.
Sailent features of Kaziranga National Park
- Kaziranga National park is very close to the Brahmaputra river in Assam.
- You can also see views of mikir mountains from the National Park.
- There are approximately 100 species of birds which can be seen in the park.
- It is very exciting to see Python, Cobra and King Cobra.
- Kaziranga National Park was included in World heritage Site in 1985 by UNESCO.
Bodhgaya Mandir (बोधगया मंदिर)
Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under the Peepal Tree near this Bodhgaya Mandir. Now Education of Buddhist monks begins from here. The temple was built according to the Dravidian architecture. Height of the temple is 180 feet.
Salient features of the Mahabodhi temple :
- The oldest Buddhist temple was built only with stones, but it still looks just as strong and beautiful.
- It is spread over 45 square meters has size of the temple as a pyramid.
- It is tried to paint life events of Mahatama Buddha on the stones of temple.
- UNESCO World Heritage site in 2002, the temple was included.
Fatehpur Sikri (फतेहपुर सीकरी)
Fatehpur Sikri’S beauty can only be realized when you visit this place. It is situated 39 Km away from Agra. Fatehpur Sikri was built by Akbar in 1569,was known as capitals of Mughals from 1571 to 1585. Fatehpur Sikri made of sandstone is unique example of Hindu and Islamic architecture. The name of this palce was Fatehabad before , later which was changed as Fatehpur Sikhri.
Salient features of Fatehpur Sikri :
- It had taken whole 15 years to built the Fatehpur Sikri.
- Special about fatehpur sikri is to visit the Buland Darwaza, Panch Mahal, Diwan e Aam, Diwan e Khas, Tomb of Sheikh Salim Chisti and Birbal Bhawan khas.
- Fatehpur Sikri is the same place where NAVRATNA of Akbar lived.
- Akbar’s Fatehpur Sikri was known as state capital for about 14 years, but in 1585 it was replaced due to lack of water.
- It was included in world heritage sites in 1986.
Elephenta Caves (एलिफेंटा का गुफाएं)
Everyone is stunned to see these caves made out of carving mountains of Maharastra. Highlights of the many Hindu gods are observed. These include Shiva and Parvati. There are statues of three incarnation of Lord Shiva.
It is also famous by the name of Gharapuri, located at a short distance from the Gateway of India.
Sailents features of Elephanta caves :
- The elephenta caves are named so after a colossal elephant found here.
- Carving done on stones closely around the cave attracts very much.
- Five other caves are located in the west.
- Cannon Hill is also popular among travelers. Elephanta Caves is still included in historic monuments, peoples and tourist from around the world comes to india for visiting this place.
- Elephanta Caves in 1987 was included in the list of World Heritage Sites.