126 Year Old Eiffel Tower join twitter by username @LaTourEiffel. Welcoming Eiffel Tower on twitter , Taj Mahal tweets, “Welcome @LaTourEiffel”. Eiffel Tower is the World’s most visited monument of the world. Monument joined the micro blogging site twitter last week. It is 1063 foot tall and is also known by nickname “La Grande Dame”.
Eiffel Tower is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. Eiffel Tower is a wrought iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris.
Eiffel Tower on Twitter, World’s renowned monuments welcome by tweets
Eiffel Tower said in its first tweets, “Parisian since 1889, now i am sparkling on Twitter”. Eiffel Tower twitted in English and French both languages on its official account “@LaTourEiffel”.
Also Read : Interesting Facts about Taj Mahal
Joining of Eiffel Tower to micro blogging site twiter was welcomed by offical accounts of of world’s renowned monuments.
- Statue of Liberty tweets, “Welcome to Twitter,my sister”.
- Empire State Building of New York aslo welcomed the arrival of tall tower on Twitter.
- World’s most visited museum Louvre also welcomed the Eiffel Tower in its tweet accompained by photo of the tower on distant horizon taken from rooftop of the museum.
Eiffel tower administration taken the decision to open the twitter account with an aim to provide news about the tower , facts related to it and practical information.
By Tuesday, its twitter account had 20300 followers.
Follow MasalaRead.com on twitter ► Click Here
Already on Facebook, but kept away from Twitter
Eiffel Tower is already on facebook with around 1.7 millions fans on FB account. Around 7 milions visitors from all over the the world visit this 1063 foot tall tower.
Some Interesting facts about Eiffel Tower
- French Engineer and bridge builder Alexandre Gustave Eiffel desgined the Tower to celebrate 100th year anniversary of the French Revolution.
- Around 7 million visitors visit the tower every year, 75 percent of whom are foreigners.
- There are 20000 lightbulbs on eiffel tower, 5000 per side that sparkles for 5 minutes every hour from nightfall to 1 AM.
- Taking a photograh of tower is illegal because light display is considered artwork and therefore it is protected under copyright law.
- A woman tried to commit suicide from Eiffel Tower landing on a car, later she married the owner of that car.
- The Eiffel Tower was originally painted red. It appeared in red color in the center of Paris in 1889.